Sunday, March 3, 2013

Super Charged Sunday 3-3-13

SAY WHAT?!?! 

AM I ACTUALLY BLOGGING!  

WOW! 

So I know it has been about 2 weeks since I last posted, maybe more, but I have just not had the energy.  I am still in my orientation process and have been working 4 and 5 days a week, which is way out of the ordinary for me and my schedule was way thrown off. 

Each day as I drive to work and sit in stop and go traffic I remember one of the reasons I decided that I am glad I became a nurse.  Aside from the normal reasons of patient satisfaction and making a difference in their lives I absolutely LOVE the hours.  With working 12 hour shifts nurses are not typically on the road during high traffic times, whether you work days or nights we tend to avoid high traffic times.  This is beneficial for people like myself who tend to get frustruated with other people who act like they do not know how to drive. 

On a lighter note for the last 2 days we have been sent home for low census, which as I am told is very rare.  Yesterday we left at 3 and today we were sent home at 9, after waiting for 2 hours to see if we could receive any patients. 

It turned out to be for my benefit, for the last 2 nights either I could not fall asleep or I had a bad dream.  SO combined I got about 6 hours for the weekend.  AND my brother and sister had their swim team championships, which yesterday they both qualified for the finals placing 10th and 11th!!  That is an excellent job!! And as I am told it is pretty rare for a swimmer who is within their first year on this team to make to championships let alone finals!

As of now my brother has made it finals again today!! Waiting to hear back about my sister.

Now for the next few hours I am going to work on posts for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment