Wednesday, November 2, 2011

What I value about my virtues

So I am going to get back on track with the blogs today!

In the day 9 prompt it says to state what virtues I value in myself.

I would have to say the one that stands out the most would be my compassion.  I feel as though I am very perceptive to other's feelings and I have a strong urge to make everyone feel better.  I have always thought I would be like Jasper from Twilight if I ever got "special powers."  Able to pick up on others emotions and change how they were feeling. 

As a nurse I get to exercise my compassion quite frequently.  But as a YouTuber and Blogger sharing  my story I have been able to share my feelings with others and change their days as I have been told.  The time I feel the most compassionate is when I get personal messages from viewers on YouTube telling me about their Intracranial Hyperptension battles.  I do not always respond becaause sometimes I do not know what to say.  My journey has not been as hard as theirs and for myself to share does not always seem fair.  But this makes my heart pound through my chest when they tell me I have changed their lives in the slightest. 

I have many other virtues as well that I value but I do not think any of them can compare to my compassion.  But if they could I have have to say the one I value the most would be my strength.  I do not always use this is a good way, sometimes I use it to be bull-headed and other's I use it only to get what I want.  But I am most proud of it when i use it to prove someone wrong, or to get through tough times even when someone has kicked me when I am down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment