Friday, November 27, 2015

My Favorite Sweet Potato Casserole (Picture Recipe)

I found this recipe a few years ago when I was pregnant with Alex and was craving Sweet Potato Casserole and couldn't find a box recipe so I was forced to make it from scratch and took to Chef Google to find the recipe.

I don't follow this recipe to a tee, but I do follow it for the most part.  Let's get started!

What you need:

4 cups of sweet potatoes
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs, beaten
4 tablespoons butter, softened
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract 
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/3 cup all purpose flour
Marshmallows



Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.

 Place sweet potatoes with sauce from can into saucepan, cook until soft, drain and mash.
I prefer mine to a fine consistency so I use a beater and make them the consistency of mashed potatoes.





Mix in all other ingredients, including brown sugar.



Bake for 20 minutes, remove from oven, cover top with marshmallows and place back in oven for 10-15 minutes or until marshmallows are golden brown.

Take out and let cool and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment