Friday, June 29, 2012

37 and 38 Weeks Pregnant




Ok I can honestly say I feel like the last 2 weeks have flown by up until today and I don't remember much but I will do my best to rehash everything below. :)

How far along?:  Well today I am 38 weeks and 6 days pregnant.
Growing?:  Well yes and unfortunately so are my stretch marks.
Best moment of the week?:  Knowing that this time next week I will be in hospital bed a few hours into my induction....
Worst moment of the week?:  Well I have a few of these this week.... number one being the return of morning sickness.  The past 2 or 3 days I have gotten sick right after I wake up.  Another being the bruise I found on my belly this week, that hurts like hell, and is atrocious.  And as I continue to gripe let me not forget the swelling my feet have begun to do..... I have had some minimal swelling up to this point but 38 weeks hit and I began with the painful swelling of my feet and ankles and what is known as pitting edema, which is where if you touch your foot it leaves an imprint.  

It is gross, I know, you don't have to sugar coat it lol.  And finally realizing that this time next week I will be in a hospital bed a few hours into my induction is also one of the worst moments of the week.  

Since I found out I was pregnant I had dreamed of trying to have a natural birth, but keeping an open mind when it came to pain medicine.  I know just because I am being induced does not mean I will HAVE to have pain medicine, but it definitely will not help my chances.  And the other reason for me not loving this is that it also increases my risk for needing a c-section, which I DO NOT WANT, and I am already at a high risk for due to Alex's size.

But I would do ANYTHING just to get my sweet baby boy here happy and healthy.

Cravings?:  Well I would have to say they really have not changed.
Movement?:  He has descended more and still managing to kick and wiggle in there.  Any movement he makes now though is making my whole belly move.
Still nauseous?: Yep, morning sickness is a b****!
Belly button popped?: Nope but getting more and more flat still.  But it will definitely not change before Alex gets here. 
Wedding rings on or off?: Still on a necklace.
Mood:  My answer to how I am doing to EVERYONE is, "I am done."  I am so ready for Alex to be here but I am also so tired and over being pregnant that I just don't know what to do with myself.





No comments:

Post a Comment