Monday, September 26, 2011

Just A Small Town Girl

Originally Posted on: 9/18/11
Homecoming 5 years ago. This was our first picture together. <3

Our Wedding Day <3 4/30/11
Wow I cannot believe how much has changed in the last 5 years. This coming Wednesday September 21st will be our 5 year anniversary of officially dating. Since this is the case I believe this is as good a time as ever to chronicle everything I can remember about how we met and our very first date.
In the fall of 2006, my junior year, I began going to a vocational school to obtain my LPN degree. If you had told me when I started my education there that I would meet the man of my dreams and wind up marrying him 5 years later I would have said you were crazy, like every other person does when they are told that.
The very cool thing about this school is that there are no just junior or just senior academic classes. They are all intermixed, which I feel helped to better aide in my learning, and also to better my future, lol. Due to this in my classes were not only my fellow LPN students but also there were students from the Law program, Health Tech, Fire, and all different kinds of programs. I was very pleased to meet a lot of people those 2 years.
Bacon Cheese and I had 2 classes together and the same lunch period. We met in our government class about 2 weeks into school. The first encounter was an activity of some sort where we had to have a partner to help us. Well since my normal partner was absent and so was Bacon Cheese’s we worked together. The moment I sat next to him and smelled his cologne I was transfixed. Then he looked at me with the biggest, most beautiful milk chocolate brown eyes and I was dazzled. When he began to speak I could instantly feel that he was someone I would get along with well. He has a lot of personality in his voice, really he shows all of his emotions through his voice. I don’t remember if we got anything accomplished that day, but I know we talked A LOT!
Within the next few days we had a test coming up, so our teacher was giving us a lot of study things to do in class. One day it was kind of like a free-for-all, and he had a lot of different things that we could choose from, the only ones I remember were an outline and to play Jeopardy review on the smart board. It just so happens that Bacon Cheese and I were the only 2 that wanted to do this. The teacher gave us a sheet with the answers on it so that we could tell the other one if what they answered was right or wrong. I was getting question after question either half-right or wrong, but Bacon Cheese was getting every question right. I was sooo angry, I remember thinking, “Well there you go, you shot yourself in the foot, cause now he is going to think you are a stupid junior!!” This was the day I told my friend, lets call her Firewoman, that I liked this guy in my government class, told her his name, and found out they rode the bus together.
She said, “Oh, do you want me to tell him?”
I replied, “Well not him, but maybe one of his friends, so they can tell him.”
Little did I know she was going to tell the one with the biggest mouth……
By the next day I had let’s call him Large Mouth Bass, coming up to me and asking me if I really liked Bacon Cheese and all kinds of questions. I was super super embarassed. When I asked Large Mouth Bass if Bacon Cheese knew I liked him and he replied, he only knows that someone in one of classes likes him. (THIS IS SOOO HIGH SCHOOL NOW THAT I AM WRITING IT OUT!!) I can remember thinking to myself, “Oh great, well now he probably thinks it is (Let’s call her I Don’t Like Her Girl) I Don’t Like Her Girl!” But somehow by the end of that lunch period Bacon Cheese was talking to me and we hit it off. We swapped phone numbers and began to talk all the time, or as much as my parents cordless phone, and his minute cards would allow.
We set a date for September 21st, and it was decided that this was going to be just a date. Well I thought that meant, lets see if we really like eachother, then we can be boyfriend and girlfriend. Bacon Cheese thought otherwise. We decided that we would go to see a movie and out to dinner like every other typical first date. The movie that I chose and agreed to, to impress him, was Jackass 2. Had this been a girls night I would have definitely not picked Jackass 2! But like I said I wanted to impress him. We also decided that we would go to Skyline for dinner since it was so close to the movie theater.
September 21st, came and I can remember it as if it were yesterday. Bacon Cheese had some kind of training class or field trip for the training program he was in so he had to wear dress clothes to school. It sounds nerdy but I remember what he was wearing. He wore his black dress pants, as seen above in the homecoming pic, his black dress shoes, a light blue button down long sleeve shirt and a red and blue tie. He looked cute! And that same day my class had a guest speaker from Hospice of Cincinnati. We had to wear nice shirts and jeans. Of course I wore my favorite jeans, they were a dark wash denim, and flare legs jeans, my shoe of the moment, my brown slip on clog heels, and my favorite brown shirt, that was longer and had lace trim. I still wear this shirt to this day.
We met that morning and agreed we would meet by the elevator closest to the student lot. So there I waited, his course finished a few minutes late. When he got there he told me that he would be taking 2 other students back to their school so their parents could pick them up, one was my best friend that told Bacon Cheese’s (BC) friend I liked BC, and the other was some weird guy that carried a black and white checkerboard backpack. I saw them waiting at the car and I have to say it eased my nerves.
When we got in the car BC put the key in the ignition turned it and the car would not start. I can remember him looking at me and looking so embarrassed and me telling him, just to get a jump it would be fine. I can’t remember who jumped the car, but finally we got the car running and we were on our way. I can remember listening to the song Crazy Bitch on the highway so loud and just really having a good time, all the while I can feel him watching me out of the corner of his eye making sure he did not scare me.
We dropped the other two off and then went to BC’s parent’s house so he could change clothes. His dad was home, I met him and instantly loved him. Due to BC’s battery he let us borrow his truck for the evening. We then left and went to dinner, the Skyline was not too far away, we got there, ate and talked for what seemed like forever. When we were finished we still had a little bit before the movie and BC wanted to get something from home. I think it was a hoodie or something……
When we got there, there were more cars in the driveway and he looks at me and says,”Stay in the car. My sisters and mom are home.” Being eager to impress I said, “Oh I would like to meet your family.” But on the inside I was SO FREAKING NERVOUS!! I was about to meet this boy’s mom, dad and sisters, all on the first date!!! Everything went very well. They were all incredibly nice and made me feel at home even through the 21 questions. BC swears to this day that when he came home that night his family asked him, “How much did you pay her to go out with you?” Whether I believe that or not has yet to be determined.
We then went and saw the movie, which was atrocious!!! But I made it through and made him think I liked it. After talking for awhile, when the movie was over BC drove me home where we had our first hug. We had held hands that night but at the end of the night I think we were both simply to nervous.
A few years down the road BC revealed to me that during the Jeopardy game, he was looking at the answers of the next questions he was going to pick because he liked me and wanted me to think he was smart enough. AWE… I love him! <3
Now 5 years later I am more in love with him than I was then and I cannot wait to see what the future has instore for us. I really think it is going to be a phenomenal life as long as I have him by my side!
Eye sternum you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment