Sunday, December 6, 2015

A Simple Prayer

Today I just want to share a small prayer with you that I have prayed during my recovery period and in the pre-op room prior to going in for surgery.

I would deem myself a generally anxious person, and although I have a medical background it is still rather overwhelming to be put under general anesthesia.  Perhaps the most anxiety provoking part for me is not being in control of every aspect of the surgery, the recovery period as well as my body. 

To say I am independent is an understatement.  I have never been one with a need to rely on others.  As I posted a few weeks ago, here,  it is incredibly hard to hand over all control to God, but once Chris and I did this we experienced so much in the way of life change.  But as I also said I still have trouble doing this and remind myself almost daily that His plan is the best plan.  I do so with this prayer.

Heavenly Father,

I seek you with all of my heart.  I ask for your guidance and strength during this difficult time.  For although I find it difficult to hand over full control of my body, I will place my full trust into your more than capable hands for you can do all things immeasurably more than I.  I know that you are the ultimate physician and the ultimate healer.  Your plan for my life was designed for me long before I was born.  Please guide me to you in all things and lead me towards a path of patience and understanding. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment