Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Getting Out of the Post Christmas Slump

Holy Hannah Montana!

Christmas has come and gone and it apparently took all of my energy with it!  I don't think there has ever been a year I have felt this way after Christmas.  The easiest way for me to describe it is like I just worked 3 night shifts in a row and got no sleep!  I just can't seem to drag myself out of my bed or off of the couch!  SO in order to regain control of my life I have come up with a few ideas:

1. Drink at least 8 glasses of water.

I am THE WORST when it comes to drinking enough water throughout the day.  In fact it's not uncommon that at about 3 in the afternoon I think myself, "I don't think I have drank anything all day."  So to help make sure I accomplish this I have set aside a water bottle and plan to put washi on it with check boxes for the number of times I refill it! 

2. Do light exercises compatible with my walking boot

Now this stupid boot of mine is likely to stick around until late March or early April so I need to get back into exercising.  I have found a few YouTube videos of upper body exercises that I will do and will try doing some modified lunges and squats.  But also I have found that using my iWalk 2.0 provides quite the ab workout and right leg workout so I may begin to go to a local walking track with that.

3. Clean one room per day

I am very much so the type of person who will neglect cleaning all day and then at the end of the week get so overwhelmed by the clutter that I have a freak out moment and go on a rampage until the whole house is clean.  Well since I am still not allowed to walk on my left foot, doing that is not good for me.  So I plan to take a little bit of time and clean one room completely each day and recruit Alex to help me get things off of the floor, and even better have him help me sweep the floor with his new vacuum from my Grandma.  (He uses this same vacuum at my Grandma's and helps "clean" for hours every time he is there.)

4. Spend as much time outside as possible

Our weather in Cincinnati has been all over the place over the last few weeks. One week it is 70 degrees and the next it is back into the 30's.  I believe this one will be the most difficult.  Walking around on crutches stinks!  However we have family that have screened and covered porches that I spend a significant amount of time with so maybe on weather permitting days I will go there and sit on the porch and read for awhile.

5. Get up before the boys

Now with Chris working the night shift currently it should be easy to be up before him, however our bed is so warm and very cozy in the mornings.  Chris has been awesome to let me sleep in in the mornings and he will sleep in Alex's room with him or play with him in the mornings until I get up.  Did I mention that since I have been off of work that I really love sleeping in and feel like I require 18 hours of sleep a day? (My work hasn't let me return to work on my crutches)  I feel like getting up early would provide me ample time to get ready for the day, relax and enjoy the quiet and even get some work done around the house or for my photography.

I hope these tips will be beneficial to you as I hope they will do the same for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment