Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Our Couple's Massage Date

A little over a week ago Chris and I went on a day date.  Going on a date is a rarity for Chris and I, and to have such an extravagant date was incredible.  We are extremely blessed that we were able to spend this time together and it wouldn't have been possible without our amazing babysitter.

Now I am not a stranger to getting a massage.  Chris spoiled me while I was in nursing school and would reward me with an hour massage at the end of every semester. I love them!  I find them extremely relaxing and rejuvenating.  Chris has never had a massage and to say he was anxious leading up to the massage would be an understatement.  He would try to pawn off the massage on everyone in our close family circle.  For him I think he was more so nervous about a stranger touching him.  (Chris's personal bubble extends further than arms reach.)
 
While we were waiting in the lobby for our appointment time Chris was visibly nervous, he even knocked over a pamphlet holder that was filled with tons of pamphlets.  When we got into our room we both picked our tables and prepared ourselves for the massage to start.  Chris was fidgeting and talking a mile-a-minute.  

Then the massage started, Chris has a male masseuse and mine was female.  I found it so hard to relax because I was so worried about Chris relaxing and enjoying himself that my mind just couldn't relax, but the massage itself was great.  Then all of a sudden I heard an extremely familiar sound, Chris was snoring!  He was relaxing enough to fall asleep, he was loving it!  And just like that I was out!  Fast asleep while my new best friend Brittany massaged away at my legs. And just like that our massage was over.  

Ultimately Chris loved it!  He told me as we were leaving that he wants to have one of these dates every month!  Keep dreaming brother!  

After our massage we went out to lunch.  We decided to go to lunch at The Cheesecake Factory. We have only been there 2 or 3 times but after this visit we both came to the agreement that the food is just not good enough for the price.  It's a nice place in theory and the atmosphere is nice but not worth $58 for 2 entrees and 2 desserts.  Although it was extremely refreshing to sit at lunch by ourselves and just talk. It's usually while on a date that you realize how important it is to continue to date your spouse.

Here's to dates becoming a more regular thing in our household.  (Maybe that should be a New Year's Resolution?)




No comments:

Post a Comment