Friday, December 18, 2015

Toddler Christmas Gift Guide

This Christmas we have had the hardest time shopping for Alex.  As we find he needs or wants something throughout the year we typically just buy it.  But he wants and needs have changed so much over the last year.  Last Christmas it was all about choo-choo trains this year it's all about games and candy.  So I figured I would share with you some of the things on our radar when we were shopping for Alex.


 Over the last few months we have been working diligently to transition Alex from sippy cups to "big-boy" cups.  Tervis Tumbler's have been a life saver in this process.  Chris and I have found a few throughout the year and have purchased them for him to use but I have purchased 2 more for Christmas presents.  They are VERY nice to hide candy in for Alex as well!


Another gift we have done is, we ordered a few movies through Alex's Disney Movie Club membership.  We love using our membership to preorder upcoming releases but also to get a discount on our purchases!  If you have never looked into this before you are wasting your money buying movies from other places!!  Another awesome feature is that if you enter in movie codes on most new movies you get a free digital download that will play through the Disney Movies Anywhere app over WIFI.

We also found a VERY gently used bike with training wheels for Alex this year.  We debated the tricycle but wanted something that would last him a little longer.  I cannot wait for it to get warm and take him outside with his bike!


Alex's big ticket item this year is definitely this LeapTV Educational Gaming System.  I absolutely hate video games, however Alex loves them!  So I set out on a mission to find something he could learn valuable things from and it wasn't long before I found this.  We ordered him 2 games to with it, and I believe one of his grandma's ordered him some more games and another controller.  Now I would never pay $130 for a game for a 3 year old but I found this 50% before black Friday at Target! I really think he will love this and hope it makes learning as fun as it looks in the promos for it!

 
Now this LeapFrog Epic 7 tablet was defintily at the top of our list to get Alex this year, but it is also $130.  But seeing as though  I have been off work and not getting paid even a 1/4 of my normal pay we weren't able to make it work, but don't tell Alex, this will be his potty training gift when finally gets potty trained!

We have gotten him a few other little things but I figured these would be the big ticket items I would share.  I hope this helps you out in some way, and if you have other cool ideas please let me know in the comments section!!


No comments:

Post a Comment