Friday, October 7, 2011

Fingers and Car Doors Don't Mix!

So I have been extremely absent from these blogs recently.  I worked soooo much last week and this past weekend that I have basically been coming home and going to bed.  So here is how it went:

Monday I worked 7 pm to 7 am and it was a ROUGH night! 

Tuesday night should have been my off day but work was down a nurse so I agreed to work 7 pm to 7 am and I was on a wing that I have not worked since my orientation so it was a very busy night, but a good busy, and a welcomed break. 

Wednesday night I worked 7 pm to 7 am on my usual wing.  It was a good night.

Then Thursday I picked up for another nurse and worked 7 pm to 11 pm.  After work BC and I went to see the movie Courageous at midnight.  It was an incredible movie! I recommend it to everyone.

Friday I was off and spent pretty much the whole day working on bills and cleaning.  Then that afternoon I picked my sister up from school, we went to eat for my breakfast, then did some shopping, visiting my mother at work, and finally to pick my brother up from his practice.  We went to my parents house and got ready for the football game.

Friday nights game was a rough one and there were a few game changing bad calls.  Let me put it this way, the refs were TERRIBLE!  Our team wound up losing and the other should be proud of their practically one player who made ALL of their plays.  If that kid does not get a full ride scholarship for college or straight to the NFL I will be suprised.

Then because I had worked so much during the week I got one of PRN nurses to work my shift, money is tight at work and they were not happy that I was going to have 12 hours of overtime.  i love you bubbles. Yes I have left this screen for so long BC decided to add something in there. 
Ummmm Saturday was my aunt and uncle's 30th wedding anniversary and they were having a big party to celebrate that and a few of the birthdays for this month.  There were about 80 people at the party and  a lot of alcohol.  Anyone who truly knows me, knows that I am not a big drinker.  Well I don't know what got into me but Saturday night I was.  I know I finished 6 beers, 2 Jaegerbombs, a shot of schnaaps, and a few wine coolers, but I am told I drank more than that. 

A.) I never drink beer, and B.) I have not done shots in years!!! Let's just say I felt like crap once we got home, passed out on the bed and did not move until 430am when I relocated to the bathroom because I felt sick.  I sat there until 530 dry heaving and getting waves of nausea until I finally got sick and then felt so much better!

Sunday night came and I went to work like usual.  There was only one spot left in the employee lot and it was a tight squeeze for even my little car.  I went to get out of the car with my workbag, lunch pale and jacket all in my hand, mind you I was working with about a foot of space between me and the car next to me. When I went to close the door my right hand got in the way.  YES! I closed my car door on the first 4 fingers of my right hand and cut the nail of my pointer finger just above the nail bed. 

It hurt like a b**** but then almost immediately went numb.  My whole hand was numb!  Try working in a field that requires a lot of writing with a numb dominant hand!! It was not easy or fun!  I got ahold of my on call doctor, they said to splint it and to come in to see them the next day.  My hand "woke up" at about 3 am all except for the pointer finger. 

Everything checked out with the doctor on Monday, it is not fractured and he told me to super glue the nail to help it stay on longer.  It is not a pretty site nor does it feel good, but I will tell you one thing, it is still numb.  The bruising just seems to get worse everyday. 

I was a ble to squeeze in with another doc on Monday for my six month check up and I got an almost clean bill of health other than my hormones.... blah! Apparently the reason why my hair has been falling out so much is my low estrogen..... So here is to more medicine! And pills that smells like feet!

Tuesday was a very lazy day around the house.  We took a walk and then we cut my grandma's grass in the morning and then I spent the rest of the day doing absolutely nothing.

Wednesday I made a nice ham roast, augratin potatoes and peas for dinner.  I was able to use some vouchers for free things at Kroger and was able to get free ice cream and some other stuff. So since I had ice cream I felt obliged to make brownies lol.  It was nice suprise for BC when he got off work.

Well g2g now.

Thanks for reading pics will be in the next post!  I have been working on this since Monday, seeing as how it is Thursday morning I just want to post it.

No comments:

Post a Comment