Thursday, December 20, 2012

Christmas Decor 2012


Now compared to years past my Christmas decorations are slim to none.  I typically go all out, but decided this year I wanted to stick to a theme.  I think I have done pretty well other than a few things.  Oh by the way pardon my mess in the background, I am doing laundry while I do this post. 


I bought this snowman lantern a few years ago and I love it.  Whenever we buy a house I plan to put it into our room or some other room in the house.  It doesn't necessarily match but it "goes" well enough.  And look how cute my baby was when he met Santa on Tuesday!


Both of these things were gifts.  I have chosen to stick to a theme of snowmen, red, silver and white.  And it matches the theme perfectly.


For the last two years I have been gifted a snow globe at our annual ornament exchange!  I love it!  I hope it is the start of a tradition.  If not I will just buy one for myself. :)


And the snowman in this picture is a gift Alex got at the ornament party this year.  Once again he does not really match but he "goes" pretty well.  And in the frame is one of the pictures I took for his Christmas session.


Our stockings.






Our tree.  I love that I chose to do silver and red.  It look amazing with the white lights!  One of my favorite things about it is the tree topper.  It is a Santa hat.  It's not a snowman, but I figured as Alex got older it would be cool to have him put it on and say that this tree is out "Santa" tree where Santa puts all of his gifts.  And see that the tree skirt matches our stockings!  I got all four of them from Kohls for a total of $20 after Thanksgiving.


This is my favorite way to look at the tree. With all of the house lights off. 



This was a Pinspiration I got last night.  I love it!  I tried to paint the scarves to match the stockings a tree skirt.  They look much better in person.


Another Pinspiration is the ribbon on the kitchen cabinets and mini clothes pins to hang up the cards.  


And the other side of the kitchen.  I am trying to learn how to use deco mesh.


This is in our dining room, since the paint on the bottom half of the chair rail is green, we chose to do blue and green decorations for the most part, but it is kind of a hodge podge.


I must say recently I have begun to love nutcrackers.  My older cousin who is like my sister is in LOVE with them and she has rubbed off on me.




This is a piece my grandparents made.  I love it!  I call him my drunk reindeer.


And this is my drunk Santa that they made.


My Willow Tree figures (Chris gives me one for each "milestone"), some other collectibles and my Christmas figurines and last 2 years snow globes.


Kohls puts out a plate by St.Nicholas Square in this shape each year.  I think my goal is to get one each year to add to the collection.  My mother in law gave me the blue one last year, along with some other table things that match like cheese spreaders and a loaf pan, while my great aunt gave me matching placemats, napkins and napkin rings, all without coordinating.


One of my steals from my mom's collection that I LOVE!  


Of course I had to get this stocking too!

And Alex's pitiful tree in his room.  My goal is to get him a green tree after Christmas to put in his room next year.  And we will move the football tree to a box until Chris has a man cave.

No comments:

Post a Comment