Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Baby on the Way (Not Mine)

My nephew is coming or here!  

Over the past few days I have watched my best friend exude strength and patience.  Childbirth is no easy feat and you have handled it with poise, although you may not think so.  I am so blown away by you as I sit and write this.  (You are currently sleeping in the bed next to me, resting up before the fun really starts.)  Even just in the 2 days you have been in the hospital thus far I have seen you turn into a mom.  Putting yourself last and that cute little baby first. 

It's amazing the transformation a woman makes when she goes from just a woman on the street to the mom of a perfect human being.  This is a transformation I would have never noticed until I had Alex and experienced it within myself.  I am beyond blessed to be able to recognize these changes within you and will gladly remind you of them each time you doubt yourself.  God placed that little baby in your care because He saw that you were the best mother for him and he is the best son for you.  

As I have told you the days to come will be gone in an instant, cherish them.  Each and every poop, spit up and booger will all have new meaning to you soon and I can't wait to share these memories with you.  Somedays will be really, really hard but I promise it will all be so worth it.  So so worth it.  

You are an amazing friend, sister, daughter, aunt, wife and now mother.  I am thankful you are such a great part in not only my life but also Alex's.  We absolutely cannot wait to watch that little stinker of your's grow but I am more excited to watch you grow in motherhood.

Now I am off to get in all the baby snuggles I can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment