Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Our Cleaning Routine

Quite frankly I have no idea why I decided to write on this topic because we have no routine, however, Chris and I have come up with a division of chores that works for us and I thought I would share that with you.  

Chris and I have been together for 10 years this year!!  Of those 10 years we have only been married and living together for 5 years.  It has taken us a long time to come to a point with chores where we both feel as though each person does their fair share and saves us from the endless fighting.  Chris and I have never worked the same shift and probably 6 out of 7 days of the week are so tired we would rather have a lazy day than spend any time cleaning. 

What we have found that works for us is:

I do the cleaning of each room in the house.
Chris does the laundry, dishes (cleaning & putting away) and takes out the garbage.

There are still days where the other person feels like they got the raw end of the deal, namely Chris when it is time to clean out the fridge, but sometimes me when it is time to clean the big bathroom.  However this division of chores has been the best thing for us and has made it super easy to make sure things get done.  I love for things to not look cluttered and Chris likes to make sure all of his clothes are clean so each of are happy.

But let's not bring up, I hate folding laundry and absolutely detest doing the dishes!  Our garbage can is relatively far away from our home so for safety sake, this has always been Chris' job.  

But we are interested in how you and your spouse or significant other divy up the chores.  And when do you start having your children have their own daily chores?  Let us know in the comments!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment