Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Alex's 6 Month Review

July


We welcomed you to the world after many months of anticipation on 7-7-12 at 7:23 pm weighing 8 lbs 13.1 oz and measuring 22 inches long.  Immediately I knew I was meant to be a mother.  And I felt like I had known you forever.  Every cry or whimper I felt like you were channeling my brain to tell me what you wanted.  

You spent a few very nerve wracking days in the NICU, which looking back on it, I am really sorry I did not spend more time there, but Mommy got sick too and I had to take care of myself.

You had so many firsts that month and there were so many pictures to choose from but this one will always be my favorite.

August   


This is my favorite picture from August.  Seeing you get baptised through the light of Christ was incredible.  And seeing how many people where there to show their support for you was also incredible.  Your Godmother and Godfather could not be better role models and you are so lucky to have them, as are we.  

Father J, who baptised you and married Mommy & Daddy, I hope to one be one of your mentors.  He is an incredibly smart and honest man.  He goes above and beyond for our parish.  He has advised Mommy through many hard times and we were so happy he could be there for the start of your travels in the Catholic Faith.

September

Now we did not do much in September since this is the month Mommy started back to work.  However we did make a few outings, including one to your Uncle's football game, where this picture came from. I love your little sunhat.

October


In October we took our first family vacation to Myrtle Beach, SC.  It is a vacation that Mommy's family goes on every year in October to celebrate Grandma Great's birthday.  We had so much fun and can't wait to go back again this year (we hope)!  

November


Every Saturday since you were born Mommy has been taking your picture for a special photo book.  And this particular Saturday you gave me an amazing "session" filled with funny faces. This was the first month your personality really started to show.  

December


December, what can I say about December?  Oh well, you had the most amazing first Christmas EVER!  We saw Santa and opened LOTs of presents, and met some of your family for the first time.  It was such a jam packed month that I wish it would have gone a little slower.

No comments:

Post a Comment