Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Years Resolutions 2013

 So this year I really want to set some goals for myself.  Most years I just push them off and say, "Well i will never carry them out so why make them?"

But this year I am going to make a change!


My goals for this year I have thought long and hard about.  And I am going to make an honest effort to follow through with them.  

Here they are:

1.  Spend at least 1 hour a day, with no TV and just play with Alex.
On the days I work this is the hardest, but I WILL do it!

2.  Go to Church more.  I am not going to set a limit on that but in 2012 I only went probably 4 or 5 times, if that.  I really want to spend this year getting more connected with God.

3.  Pray each night before bed. 
I always say how I am going to add someone to my prayers and I do, however I really just keep them in my thoughts throughout the day.  And I usually think of them often but I never really say a real prayer.   So my goal is to change that.

4.  Read at least 20 books.
I used to read so much!  I would finish 2 books a week when I was really reading.  But once I started into nursing school that all changed.  All I read were textbooks and nursing things.  But I want to get back into reading real books and do it for fun.  

I think these goals I have set are realistic and achievable and as I accomplish them I will only add to them, not say, "Well I accomplished my goals, now I can be lazy for the rest of the year." 

So now I plan to check back in on these goals with you all maybe once or twice this year.

I hope I can really stick to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment