Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Trust Me Tuesday Bargain Hunting

Now I will be the first to admit I am not the best shopper, but since Alex was born I have more than ever only shopped when something was on sale, and only bought it if it was an excellent deal.

I shop all over. Kroger, Meijer, Aldi, Kohls, Babies R Us, and a variety of other stores.

For the most part we are back to shopping at Aldi for groceries.  It was a lot more convenient to go to Kroger since it is so close to our house, but over time we saw the $$ adding up.  

Aldi sells almost everything you could need food wise, and we have yet to have any kind of problem with them.  

Now I will admit I only buy the stuff for Alex at Kroger or Meijer.  I typically buy diapers at Meijer, but I buy the Kroger brand formula.   I buy his food wherever it is on sale, and his wipes at Costco.  I get their brand, it comes with 900 wipes for like $20.

But when it comes to clothes I must make a disclaimer.  I cannot remember when I last bought myself new clothes.  And for Alex I typically go to Kohls at the end of a season and stock up on stuff for him for the next year.  And if I need more but don't see anything at Kohl's then I head to the second hand shops in the area and I am able to get lots of stuff and it is usually in really good shape or brand new.  

I usually can get more for less at Kohl's when I find things I like but Once Upon a Child and stores like it are usually very nice here. 

So trust me, you don't have to spend a fortune to look good.

No comments:

Post a Comment