Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Show and Tell Monday

Don't know why this didn't post yesterday!


So I am linking up with Becky at From Mrs. to Mama again this Monday for Thanksgiving traditions.

1.  Tell us about your family traditions on Thanksgiving.

For Chris and I Thanksgiving is usually the most exhausting holiday of the year.  We try to squeeze in visiting so many families that at the end of the day we can barely keep our eyes open.  However EACH year we always start the day by watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and this year will be no exception.  It won't mean anything to Alex this year but I can't wait to see his face next year!

The last few years we go to Chris's families house in the morning and do a Thanksgiving lunch and in the afternoon we go to my families house for Thanksgiving dinner.  This year there will be no exception to that other than it will be just Alex and I at my Mom's.  But we will also be stopping over to my Dad's sister's house since a few of his family members have yet to meet Alex and we have some family in town.

2.  Tell us about your favorite foods.

Well I have to say above all it is candied yams.  You know the ones with marshmallows on top.  Yeah, those!  I could eat a whole batch of them by myself.  But my second favorite would be the skin off of the turkey.

3.  Show us a picture that reminds you of this holiday.

I don't have a picture of the actual event, but one year for Thanksgiving my cousin Tommy was in town and there was a documentary being filmed about him.  My Mom was on edge to say the least.  She was so anxious and trying to make sure everything was perfect.  Well all of a sudden we smell something burning.  We open the oven and smoke just comes pouring out!  The turkey pan got a hole in it somehow and the juices were burning on the bottom.  Instantly the whole house was filled with smoke.  We were all coughing and laughing so hard!  Then the filmer/director said, "Oh this is definitely making it into the movie."  My Mom  busted out laughing and I have to say it was a good thing the turkey was done, and this just may be one of my favorite memories ever!
4.  Do you decorate for Christmas before or after Thanksgiving?

I decorate right after Halloween.  I find Christmas decorations bring such a peacefulness to any room they are in and I find the longer they are up the longer you can enjoy them.  But I typically start taking them down on New Years Eve and leave my snowmen up until Chris's birthday in February.

5.  Tell us what you are thankful for this year.  

This year I am so beyond thankful for my family.  Chris and I have been blessed to be born into families that are so helpful for anything we may need.  I am also thankful to be able to spend the holidays with our families and cannot help but pray for everyone away for the military or on some kind of mission.  I am thankful for my son that he is here and healthy, that he has taught me how to be patient and taught me that love only multiplies.  I am thankful for my husband who puts up with my moodiness and meltdowns and loves me through it all.  I am thankful for my job and my home.  BUT this list could go on and on. 


No comments:

Post a Comment