Wednesday, November 21, 2012

White Chicken Chili (A Picture Recipe)

So here is the recipe for our White Chicken Chili.  It is so easy and so delicious!


Start by preheating your oven per the bags directions, in my case it said to preheat to 375 degrees.


You need to cook between 6 to 8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts.  Or more depending on how much you like chicken.  I like it but don't love it.


Then add 3 cans of great northern beans, no particular brands.


After you empty each can of beans into your pat, fill it with water.  Unlike my Momma's Chili you only have to fill the beans cans with water. 


Then put in 4 cans of Cream of Chicken (Healthy Request) from Campbell's into the pot.  


By now the oven should be preheated, so as per my bags instructions, I put the chicken in for 45 minutes.


Now add 2 cans of Rotel tomatoes.  I chose the mild because I wanted the chili to have a little bit of a kick.


Then add 2 packets of McCormick's White Chicken Chili packets.


This is what it will look like once everything is added in. While the chicken finishes cooking bring this to a boil, then turn it to medium until the chicken is done.


Then dice the chicken.


Until it looks like this.


Add all of the chicken into the pot.


After you add the chicken let it simmer for 3-4 hours.


Then serve!  

No comments:

Post a Comment