Monday, November 5, 2012

Show & Tell

Today & every Monday from here on out I will be using Show & Tell Monday which I found on From Mrs. to Mama

1. Tell us what you studied in college. Is your job now related to what you studied?

While I was in college I studied nursing.  I also studied this the last 2 years in high school.  So I have been a nurse now for the last 4 years.  


2. Tell us what your everyday job looks like.


I work on a long term care / rehab unit and I am directly responsible for 16 patients three days a week.  My days are either ridiculously slow or incredibly busy, where at the end of the day I am sore and ready to pull my hair out.  BUT at the end of the day I am always SOO satisfied and feel as though I made a difference.


3. Do you have a picture of you at work? Show us.


I don't think I have any pictures of me at work. A.) I am not very pretty when I work, usually sweaty and scrubs are not very flattering.  B.) I am always worried pictures are some kind of HIPPA violation. 


4. In 10 years, what do you see yourself doing? Same thing? More? Tell us.


In 10 years I hope to be able to be a stay at home Mom or only working 1 or 2 days a week.  But then again I will only be 32.  I cannot see myself in any other field other than nursing, but I may be a manager by then also.


5. Tell us what you have learned, and what {if any} recommendations you may have for those looking to go into the field you are in. 


Here is what I say to everyone who is thinking of making nursing their career choice.  You cannot do it for the money!  Simply because it is not there.  You have to be the kind of person who gets a personal high off of helping people and seeing them get better.  I am convinced for the 2-4 years you are in nursing school is supposed to make you consider giving up on life and not want to be a nurse anymore, however at the end of it all it is worth it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment